Who I am.
My name is Alan Hylands and I am a data analyst and writer from Northern Ireland.
What I've done.
I've worked in tech, data and analytics for the past 20 years - building, reporting, analysing, managing and mentoring.
- Helped nurses provide better care for their patients by more accurately recording and reporting their treatments.
- Allowed small local businesses to successfully sell their goods to all four corners of the globe from the comfort of their own homes.
- Kept the savings of hundreds of thousands of ordinary people safe when the dark clouds of the financial crash loomed over us all.
- Built Customer Lifetime Value models to segment customer bases and get to know the best customers better.
- And much, much more (that I'm not allowed to tell about. Good old corporate NDAs.)
What I'm doing now.
I currently work for tech company Zapier as a Senior Data Scientist.
Where you can find me.
You can contact by email: alan AT alanhylands DOT com
On this contact form
Follow me on Twitter for occasional data hot takes and regular moaning about football.